27 October 2010
What's the point in sitting courtside if you don't even want to watch the game?
Teen singing sensation Justin Bieber had some of the best seats in the house at last night's Lakers game, but he didn't seem bothered about catching any of the on-court action.
Instead, the 16-year-old was fully engrossed in his new best friend, Will Smith's son Jayden, and in the spirit of any teenage boy, the pretty cheerleaders sitting around them.
Justin Bieber, 16, (his memoir, First Step 2 Forever: My Story, is out now) shares the 25 things you don't know about him with UsMagazine.com.
1. I learned to play the drums at age 2.
2. I'm claustrophobic, especially in a crowded elevator.
3. I think Beyonce is hot!
4. My favorite candy is Big Foots, which are from Canada.
5. I love the ocean.
6. I'd rather travel by bus than airplane. I'm obsessed with my bus.
7. I never remember to pack a toothbrush. At every hotel, I go to the front desk to get a new one.
8. I try to visit a mall at every city while on tour.
9. My favorite drink is at Tim Hortons! They have the best blended drinks.
10. The only sneakers I wear multiple times are the ones I wear on stage.
11. I play four instruments, all self-taught.
12. I love jet-skiing.
13. I have two Segways on tour, which I use to terrorize my crew! Not really -- I just use them to speed away at the venues.
14. I'm left-handed.
15. I wore my first tux this year to the White House Correspondents' dinner.
16. My crew and I have water-chugging contests.
17. Step Brothers is my favorite movie.
18. Skateboarding is my thing.
19. My crew and I have family board game night on the tour bus every chance that we get.
20. I have a dog named Sammy who lives in Canada with my grandparents.
21. Nonbrand shampoo and conditioner at hotels are the best.
22. I beat Shaq at basketball.
23. My favorite sandwich is tomato and mayo on Wonder Bread.
24. I'm really into snowboarding.
25. We play basketball backstage during my concerts.
Talking to WWD during a recent interview, Bieber was asked what type of scent he finds alluring on girls, to which he replied, “I actually like the Britney Spears perfume on girls. It smells good.”
To this, Miss Spears tweeted:
Only in L.A.: No, that's not the ball boy. That's Justin Bieber with a championship ring.
The larger-than-life pop star attended Tuesday's Lakers season opener and apparently got the superstar treatment — complete with a championship ring.
Seems that Jeannie Buss, daughter of team owner Jerry Buss, is a sucker for Bieber, and she told TNT's Cheryl Miller that she convinced Phil Jackson, her other, slightly older crush, to let the 16-year-old heartthrob wear his championship ring, which was presented during a pregame ceremony, during the game.