13 April 2010

Teen pop sensation Justin Bieber is convinced he has been embraced by the hip-hop community because he isn't a "corny" Disney star like his contemporaries Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers.

The 16-year-old singer is mentored by R&B superstar Usher, and Ludacris provided a rap cameo on his hit track 'Baby.'

Bieber is glad hip-hop's finest are fans of his pop sound, and he's adamant they are keen to work with him because he didn't follow the same route to fame as many other teen artists.

He tells MTV.com, "I like hop-hop a lot. I'm really glad they've taken a liking to me. Having Luda (Ludacris) and having Lil Wayne give me shout me out on UStream, you know - it's cool."

"I think it's because I didn't go through the Disney route. I didn't go corny, but, like, at the same time I've been cool and collected."


But there is one former Disney child star Bieber is inspired by - ex-Mouseketeer Justin Timberlake.

He adds, "Well, basically I look at people like Usher and Justin Timberlake and how they went from being a child star to blowing up and doing what they're doing now. I look up and see what they do and see that's what I want to do... and things that I want to do that's different and things that I wanna do that's working for them."

THE HOT HITS





1 Comments

SavannahSmiles said... [Reply]

like fer real thats wat i was saying
hes to good fo dat anyway ;]

Post a Comment


If you want to put a link on your message so people can easily click it then please put the url of the link in your name.

(Please no Koini Club spam)

(The smilies are working correctly now.)

:a   :b   :c   :d   :e   :f   :g   :h   :i   :j   :k   :l   :m   :n   :o   :p   :q   :r   :s   :t

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...