11 February 2010

There’s no escaping the phenomenon known as Justin Bieber. At age 15, this small town boy from Canada is practically everywhere! With Usher backing him all the way, Justin has charmed his way in millions of prepubescent hearts. And the secret to his success? Nick Cannon might have the answer.

“Justin Bieber’s definitely about to take the world by storm if he hasn’t already,” explained the rapper who’s married to Mariah Carey to MTV News. “He’s filling a void that hasn’t been filled since the Backstreet Boys and ‘NSYNC and all of that stuff.”

And they say boy bands are dead. Across the pond, U.K., boyband JLS is also said to be filling up the void left by their predecessors like Blue and all other boy bands that we don’t really remember much of. So does the world need more good looking boys who can sing and dance? It’s a rhetorical question, of course! Boys like girls and girls like boys. It’s only natural, folks!

Back to the subject matter, we managed to grab a hold of Mr. Teenage Hot Stuff for some quick fire questions. Brace yourself and here goes!
96480139-Justin-Bieber-Credit-Larry-Marano
Justin Bieber - Photo by: Larry Marano
It’s been said that 2010 will be the year of Justin Bieber. Do you feel pressured to live up to expectations?

I’m just having fun! I’m living a dream. What can I say? No pressure.


How does it feel to have girls all swooning over you?

I’m 15. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t like it! (Laughs) I just stay humble and grounded and have fun with what’s going on.


How does it feel to have such great success at such as a young age? Does it all seem surreal?

It all seems very surreal! I’m a kid from a small town who didn’t expect any of this. It’s all a dream!


Being a child prodigy, do you feel that talent is an in-born thing or could it be trained?

I can’t speak for everybody but I can say that in my own life God has blessed me very much. I thank him everyday for giving me the abilities and the talents I have. I will never take that for granted. I’m extremely blessed.


It’s reported that you have a “swagger” coach. What’s the best advice Ryan Good has given you?

(Laughs) That was a joke me and Ryan had. He mentors me in style as he’s my stylist. The best advice he has given me is to just feel comfortable. Wear the clothes don’t let them wear you.


What bands/music soundtracked your childhood when you were growing up?

Definitely Boys II Men, Michael Jackson, Brian McKnight, Usher, Justin Timberlake and also classic rock like Guns N Roses!


You’ve taught yourself various instruments since you were young. What attracted you to music?

It’s just something I fell in love with at an early age. I started playing drums when I was young and my mom’s friends would come over with instruments and stuff. I just really love music!


Prior to your musical success, you lived in a low-income housing with your single mother. Does it make you proud that you are able to support the family at 15?

God has blessed us tremendously! My goal is to buy my mom a house. She worked very hard to provide for me so I want to show her I’m appreciative for everything.


How does it feel to be part of the “We Are The World” 25th anniversary remake? You even sung the opening line!

Unbelievable! Words cannot describe the experience! I was singing next to Barbara Streisand and Celine Dion among all of these legends. So humbling!


Usher’s got your back and you have met and worked with tons of celebrities. Did you have any star struck moment? Who do you most want to meet/work with but haven’t?

When I first met Usher I thought to myself ‘Wow that’s Usher!” and when I met Beyonce I pinched myself a little. I’d love to work with her in the future.


Any plans to come to Asia to meet your fans here?

I do have plans. I can’t wait! Keep checking my Twitter, Facebook and MySpace pages for updates!
- mtvasia.com





1 Comments

anna said... [Reply]

pls come in mongolia pls p

Post a Comment


If you want to put a link on your message so people can easily click it then please put the url of the link in your name.

(Please no Koini Club spam)

(The smilies are working correctly now.)

:a   :b   :c   :d   :e   :f   :g   :h   :i   :j   :k   :l   :m   :n   :o   :p   :q   :r   :s   :t

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...